Saturday, October 25, 2008

Laptop Amnesia

I just don't get spyware, trojans, viruses or the people who spend their time creating them!

I spent a good portion of last night, this morning and this afternoon attempting to deal with the aftereffects of a trojan my laptop was infected with. I thought I had it licked last night, only to find it was still there this morning. My final attempt at getting rid of it had unforeseen consequences, and I was left with one avenue: using the computer's recovery disc.

Needless to say, that wasn't without sacrifices, as I lost all my saved everything. I know, in this day and age, I should have had everything backed up somewhere. I didn't, and I am paying that price now.

Of course, some of it was good stuff to lose, things I was saving that I really didn't need to save. But a lot of it I did want. Oh well. It's over, spilled milk and all that, time to move on.

Have the protection settings boosted in the wake of all this. Hope it helps. I still don't get why people take pleasure in creating a program to cause others misery. I don't think I ever will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still watching horror movies. Right now, Turner Classic Movies is airing Peeping Tom from 1960. An odd psychological/thriller/horror movie, shocking when it first came out. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment