Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Horror Blogger Meme

Monsters

Pax Romano from Billy Loves Stu has created this meme, which has been all around the horror-themed blogs. I copied it from All Things Horror. Here are my answers:

1: In Ten Words or Less, Describe Your Blog

What I read, write, watch, listen to or do.

2: During What Cinematic Era Where you Born?
    A: The Classic Horror Era (late 30's to 40's)
    B: The Atomic Monster/Nuclear Angst Era (the late 40's through 50's)
    C: The Psycho Era (Early 60's)
    D: The Rosemary's Baby Era (Mid to Late 60's)
    E: The Exorcism Era (Early to mid 70's)
    F: The Halloween Era (Late 70's to Early 80's)
    G: The Slasher Era (Mid to late 80's)
    H: The Self Referential/Post Modern Era (1990 to 1999)

E... and I watched some stuff that warped my wee brain at an early age.

3: The Carrie Compatibility Question:

Er... no one?

4: You have been given an ungodly amount of money and total control of a major motion picture studio - what would your dream Horror project be?

Giving horror filmakers a place to make things without tons of interference. And also try and get a reunion movie made for my all time favorite show, Friday the 13th: The Series.

5: What horror film "franchise" that others have embraced, left you cold?

Saw alternately intrigues me and pushes me away. But another is Zombie flicks. I love Night of the Living Dead, but my love for that genre drops the further away it gets from that movie. That said, I have Zombieland set to record tomorrow on DVR. Always hopeful!

6:  Is Michael Bay the Antichrist?

Not a fan of Transformers or his other stuff, but I have to admit I was okay with his Texas Chainsaw Massacre redo, as I was with the Friday the 13th remake. Haven't seen the Nightmare on Elm Street redo yet.

7: Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Frankenstein Monster - which one of these classic villains scares you, and why?

Dracula. Frankenstein is just like a big, confused child and the Wolfman is tormented and trapped, but pretty much a wild animal. Drac knows who and what he is, and wants to keep on doing the evil he does.

8: Tell me about a scene from a NON HORROR Film that scares the crap out of you:

The flying monkeys tearing the beejeesus out of the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz.

9: Baby Jane Hudson invites you over to her house for lunch.  What do you bring?

First I would leave a note somewhere so people know where I am. And I would bring a weapon, something easily concealed.

10: So, between you and me, do you have any ulterior motives for blogging?  Come, on you 
can tell me, it will be our little secret, and I won't tell a soul.

To share what I like and hopefully find people who like it as well. Nothing "secret" about it.

11: What would you have brought to Rosemary Woodhouse's baby shower?

Booze. 

12: Godzilla vs. The Cloverfield Monster, who wins?

Godzilla, and then he would make sure to be caught on camera, so he could brag.

13: If you found out that Rob Zombie was reading your blog, what would you post in hopes that he read it?

A plea for him to go back to music and leave movies alone?

14: What is your favorite NON HORROR FILM, and why?

Depends, I guess, on my mood. Love Rear Window. Love Overboard. Guess I will go with The Princess Bride as my favorite Non-Horror Film.

15: If blogging technology did not exist, what would you be doing?

Guess just watching movies and reading books.

6 comments:

  1. A reunion movie??? C'mon, give us some original Caffeinated Joe horror, at least! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Universal monsters pic at the top! As for Zombieland, it's more a comedy than a zombie horror film. It's not terrible but it's an even further step from the original NotLD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great meme, i'll have to do it for Macabre!

    Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want you to get the money for a movie...cause I would LOVE to see a Friday the 13th The Series movie. That would be the best thing ever :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers, thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not funny Mr JOe....

    ReplyDelete