Wednesday, October 3, 2012

F13:TS 25 - The Show Intro


As a bonus entry in the anniversary celebration, here is the intro for the first two seasons of the show.


Great opening! Not only do we get a recap of the basic premise of the show, we get to see the characters and some scenes. Then we jump to a slow trip through a pseudo-Curious Goods, the camera slowly panning over various odd and bizarre antique items. Did you notice the floating skull in the mirror? Finally, we land on a shimmering glass item that bursts into the camera, leaving us with the title of the show. I love it.

And I need to mention the theme music! It is an amazing instrumental piece done by the great Fred Mollin. He not only did the theme music, he did the music for the entire run of the series. Love the classic, yet eerie, style he gives to the theme. Just awesome. The music he did for the show varied from intense and dramatic to melancholy and downright sad! One of the very few merchandise tie-in items to this show was the soundtrack CD, released in the early 90s. It features the opening and closing themes, as well as a bunch of the music used throughout the series. I have owned and loved it for years!

I automatically feel nostalgic when I see this intro. I remember those long-ago late, late nights in the late 80s, laying in bed and watching this show on my little, black and white television set. I truly looked forward to watching this series each Saturday night, a bright spot in my week. Good times.

By the way, does anyone know what that glass jar thing is at the end, the item that breaks? Looks to me like a container of some sort, but I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment