Okay, so I have been really lax in my movie watching this week. But mainly this is due to my wife, our kids and I trying to catch up on season finales and all that stuff that builds up on the DVR. Add in Red Sox games, and life itself, and movies fell by the wayside.
So when Gilligan over at Retrospace did a "Ten Movies in Your Netflix Queue" meme, I was one happy blogger. (Thanks, Gilligan - I like memes, too!)
Here are the ten movies at the top of our Netflix Queue.
(Remember, this queue is used by me, my wife, our 13-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son.)
1. 10 Things I Hate About You (My daughter's choice, she is gaga over Heath Ledger.)
2. Essence of Echoes (I have had this in the queue for a long time, and keep moving it down in favor of something else. May just let it go through this time and get it over with.)
3. Lakeview Terrace (My wife chose this one, she likes thrillers. I am looking forward to it, too.)
4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (My son chose this last week, but at the last minute asked me to switch it with MLB Bloopers, which we just finished watching. Good choice!)
5. Rest Stop (Have been looking forward to this one. Maybe Essence of Echoes will lose it's spot once more. hahaha)
6. Babel (Heard it was good, but keep moving it down. Mainly I haven't been in the mood for a heavy movie lately.)
7. Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus (Oh boy - forgot about this one. Really want to see this, and my daughter does, too. Might be moving up the list ASAP!) [Don't judge me!]
8. And Then There Were None (My choice, I love old mysteries and Agatha Christie, but haven't ever seen this movie. Will be a good time when it gets to the top of the list.)
9. Doubt (Have heard good things about this one, so it moved up the list pretty quick.)
10. Live Feed (Don't remember when or why I added this movie. Doesn't have a good rating. Hmm...)
So, there you go, our top 10 out of the 263 movies in our queue. Yes, 263 movies. Some, way down on the list, just sit there, waiting for some one's fancy (or memory) to strike.
I wish Netflix would add more movies to their Instant queue, so that we could watch them when we want without waiting. My wife and I have done this a few times and found it quite handy.
So, those of you who do have Netflix (or Blockbuster) queues... What's your 10?