Sunday, January 3, 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award

Geof @ Enter The Man-Cave awarded me this:

Kreativ Blogger

Very cool to start of a new year with an award from a fellow blogger.

Thanks, Geof!

Course, there are some rules:

The Rules Which MUST Be Followed:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

Okay, did 1, 2 & 3, so onto the rest.

Seven Things About Me

1) If the name of my blog didn't clue you in, I am a coffee junkie. Drink a lot of it. Come the holidays, my favorite creamer is Coffee-Mate's Peppermint Mocha. Damn, I love it. With the holidays over, it will be hard to find. But my Mrs. brought home a new flavor I love, International Delight's Sweet Buttercream. Damn, it's good.

2) I am trying to lose some weight this year. Have a goal of December 31st set for it. Even wrote a post for that day with what I hope to have lost. Of course, too much of the Sweet Buttercream coffee creamer will NOT help.

3) My family and I have saved $405.00 by posting our books on PaperBackSwap.com. The site is really easy to use and saves us from tossing out old books and spending a fortune on new ones. Check it out if you read a lot, or if you want to decrease the clutter too many books can create.

4) I am constantly in awe of the advances in electronics. Seriously - a memory card that is almost as thin as a credit card and about as big as a thumbnail can hold upwards of 5,000 pictures? What the hell? When did we arrive in the future?

5) I only read one book at a time, and I have to finish any book I start, even if it bores me to tears. Only twice have I not done this. Once was Tolkein's The Hobbit. Yeah, I know, but I just couldn't get through it. The other was the novelization of the Poseidon remake. Ugh, that was one boring read.

6) Some movies I can watch again and again (and again): Halloween (the original); Jaws; Friday the 13th (any one, really); Overboard (love this dumb flick!); The Thin Man; Rear Window. Plenty more, but those are enough.

7) I cook meals and do baking for my family, but I tend to stick to simple, tried-and-true recipes. Not into making things with too many adjectives or 97 steps. Simple and tasty, and I am good to go, though.

Hope these didn't bore you, and if they did, too bad! :)

Now, on to the 7 blogs:

1) Ravyn's World
Ravyn is a relatively new blogger, but what she has posted so far is pretty awesome. She has written some deep, heartfelt, emotional blogs, and they really are great reads. Cathartic for her, I hope, and moving for the rest of us. She also occasionally posts "Understatements of the Week", which can be damned hilarious!
Check out Ravyn's World here.

2) Irreverent Irrelevance
JeffScape has a blog devoted mainly to his own writing, whether it is creative fiction or just his random musings or reviews. His talent with the written word means there is always something good to read. Occasionally something you want to yell at him about, but it all makes for a great blog.
Check out Irreverent Irrelevance here.

3) Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness
Cal is a buddy to the North, a good guy with a warped mind and skewed sense of humor. No, wait! Those are good qualities, and what you want to find in a blogger. He posts rants, reviews and tons of pictures, often of the most bizarre things one can find on the net. Always interesting.
Check out Cal's Canadian Cave here.

4) waystationone
This is the blog of writer Brian Miller. He posts amazing, personal prose and poetry from his own experiences in life. He is quite talented and always moving, oftentimes simultaneously plucking at heartstrings while hitting your funny bone. Not easy to do.
Check out waystationone here.

5) Adventures in Nerdliness!
Darius has a blog which can be simply described as "awesome". He covers the gamut of pop culture and always has something of interest to read or see, not only for us nerds, but for the masses in general. I guarantee you won't be disappointed or bored at his site, there is just no way!
Check out Adventures in Nerdliness! here.

6) Super Blogliness!
Okay, I will admit I am a bit biased here. This blog is run by Nicole, who is family. She is an amazingly talented writer, and not just for her age. Some of the creative pieces she produces would make seasoned writers jealous. She has an energy, however, that does fit her age, so be prepared for lots of exclamation points!!!
Check out Super Blogliness! here.

7) My Power is Beyond Your Understanding
Biased again, the owner of this blog (who goes by the handle Cracked Like an Egg) is also family. But the posts here are fun and always entertaining. From sports and pop culture to Christmas and creative writing, if you are looking for something unusual, visit here!
Check out My Power Is Beyond Your Understanding here.

I could go on, with honorable mentions and such, but I am gonna limit it to these seven. I will be commenting on their sites to make them aware of their wins. If they don't choose to accept or post, that is fine with me. Not everyone is as keen on these awards, so to each their own!

And here's to a great 2010. Let's hope I keep up the posting that earned me this award in the first place!

12 comments:

  1. You doth know me too well, methinks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. congrats ont he award and thanks for the link love. you say such wonderful things.

    i love coffee as well. will have to check out the paperback deal. we have an exchange here where you can turn them in and get credit and pick out new ones...but it is 45 minutes away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too many books - is that possible?

    and re technology, my daughter has a new-ish ipod. 160 GB.

    160!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice insights. Just saw a movie preview you might be itching to see....Pirahna 3D....looks like an updated Jaws, right up your ally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to come right back and check out a blog or two, but first, I think I know another blogger who could benefit from the book swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol oh man you made my day with OVERBOARD, that is a HUGE guilty pleasure of mine as well and I used to watch it tirelessly as a kid. Congrats on another well deserved award Wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ JeffScape: That I do!

    @ Megan: Thanks!

    @ Brian Miller: Everything I say is true. And the paperbackswap site is well worth it. They have sister sites, as well: SwapaCD and SwapaDVD.

    @ lettuce: Too many books isn't possible, too little room IS! :)

    And yeah, 160 GB is just crazy!!!

    @ Tom: I will have to check that flick out!

    @ otin: Pass the word, man! And thanks for checking the links.

    @ Carl (ILHM): Thanks for backing me up with Overboard. Just dumb fun, but sometimes that is what one needs! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a huge caffeine junkie as well. Probably every post or comment I leave is accompanied by caffeine consumption, which could be good or bad. But I think it's good!

    And thanks for accepting and passing along. Overboard has Kurt Russell in it, so of course I like it. And who doesn't love a kid imitating Pee-Wee Herman all of the time?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Geof: Good to know I have another caffeinated buddy! And yeah, I love how the kids are just wacky, like real kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to nice of a description. Danke! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Wings,
    Ahh! What a very interesting "fun" filled post!
    Thanks, for sharing!
    DeeDee ;-D

    ReplyDelete