Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween is Coming!

Been battling a cold the last few days, so haven't been very inspired to write. 
For today, I will take a cue from my banner above,
and share what I have been reading, writing, watching, listening to or doing lately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reading:


Currently reading the novelization of Halloween, by Curtis Richards.
Most of the book follows the movie plot, but there are some differences,
and some of them are jarring. I will do a post on how the book differs in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writing:

The only writing I have been doing is the blog posts for the Halloween Countdown.
Not sure I will participate in this year's NaNoWriMo.
Busy couple of months ahead and not sure I can fit that in, too.
Are you going to take part?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watching:

I have been watching lots of horror films and Halloween specials
Some of the movies I have seen recently include:
Always great and always disturbing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A very early slasher film, to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fun and silly and wonderful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never watched til this year and I loved it!
Fun and funny!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Been watching this on Syfy and enjoying it.
Love seeing the weird items he comes across.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, most of my time is spent with AMC's FearFest.
Watched the Friday the 13th and Halloween marathons,
always like watching these, reminds me of when the films
were on TV and you had a sort of shared experience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Listening:

Mostly listening to the movies as they play,
but I also have spent some time listening to my huge
Halloween playlist on iTunes.

One version of John Carpenter's classic Halloween theme I enjoy

Halloween Theme - Main Title by John Carpenter on Grooveshark

Love the child's voice-over of the Halloween season poem!
If you love the theme, listen to this version and tell me what you think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doing:

Besides fighting a cold/flu illness this week,
I have been working on some Halloween plastic canvas crafts.
Working a pair of eyeballs that I will post when finished.

Also doing some Jason Voorhees items for a commission.
Woohoo!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what have you been up to?

8 comments:

  1. hope you feel better...
    never heard of deals from the dark side...i will check that out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As for the show, I think it was canceled, so there won't be a season two, sadly.

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better as well. I have one I wonder if you have seen for pure psychological horror - Frailty by Mathew McConahay and Powers Booth. Really got up into my skull for a look around. And the French verison of the film REC. I wondered if you had seen either. I was doing a post on scary films that never left me...like Seven and Silence of the Lambs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have seen Frailty. I will search it out. As for REC, I have only seen the American remake. It was okay, not anything that stuck with me, though.

      Delete
  3. Whoa! That "Halloween" book by Curtis Richards is very valuable. Go to abebooks.com and type in the ISBN. I started watching "Dementia 13" but I turned it off. Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rusty - Yeah, I lucked into the book and am happy to have done so, since I could never afford a copy myself. Dementia 13 is not for all, that's for sure. And thank you!

      Delete
  4. feel worlds better asap, i have been on another planet this month... hope to be back soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you have been able to enjoy Halloween festivities!

      Delete