Monday, October 24, 2011

Great Scenes #1 - Jeepers Creepers 2

New Feature!

Great Scenes will feature scenes from films I like.
Now, the films they come from might not be Oscar-worthy,
but why hold that against them?
Sometimes, good entertainment is found in strange places.

Anyway, to kick off the first Great Scenes, here is the opening to Jeepers Creepers 2.
Yeah, I know, not the best movie, but it is an okay way to spend some time.
The Creeper is a great horror movie villain, I think, and I'd like to see a part 3, eventually.


What do I love here? Well, to start, the Creeper hiding out in plain sight as a scarecrow? Scary! And then he snatches up the kid and off he goes into the wild, blue... er, gold yonder. Not many mainstream films follow through with something like this, but much like the end of part 1, they don't hold back here. And it sets up the rest of the film, the pursuit of the Creeper by the boy's brother and father. Definitely the better part of the rest of the movie.

Any scenes you'd like to see spotlighted here? Let me know!

Thanks to — MOVIECLIPS.com

5 comments:

  1. I do like the 'Jeepers Creepers' movies, and then I have that feeling of guilt because the director was kind of a real life sleaze bag. Gotta' separate the art from the artist sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about the scene in The Thing where the doctor is giving chest compressions to the guy who just had a heart attack?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob: Yeah, I have the same issues, Bob. But I just figure we never know what anyone is thinking or doing, most of the time. Who knows what else we wouldn't want to view again if we knew the deep secrets of the creators?

    Otin: I have only ever seen The Thing once (I know!), but I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was great. I always liked Jeepers Creepers. I even bought the complete costume with hat to dress up at Halloween one year. Now it sits on a PVC dummy and hides behind the bathroom door waiting for unsuspecting party guests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wicKED: That must freak the guests out!

    ReplyDelete