Thursday, October 27, 2011

Great Scenes #4 - Night of the Living Dead

Great Scene #4 is from the beginning of the 1968 George Romero classic,
Night of the Living Dead.


What do I love? Well, the line from Johnny to his sister is a classic, of course: "They're coming to get you, Barbara!" Simple line, but sends shivers down my spine still.

And the fact that the zombie is already there, in the background of the scene, ever so slowly making his way closer and closer to the siblings. Quite creepy!

This zombie is played perfectly, I think. He almost tip-toes on his feet as he stumbles around, like walking is no longer something he does well or with thought. And the way he fights Johnny and attacks the car with Barbara inside. Just not very human-like in his actions, making it unnerving.

We know, from this scene on, that things are never going to be the same in this world.

Thanks to — MOVIECLIPS.com

4 comments:

  1. this is a great film, that holds up scary... thank you... and they are coming to get you...

    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    Visit the madness:
    IZOMBIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic! I'll be watching this this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they redid this in the 80s and it wasnt as good they upped the gore to make it different, Melissa still jumps when he says the line

    ReplyDelete
  4. iZombie: Aiieeee!

    Drake: I hope to, too!

    jeffman: I still jump when I hear the line! And yeah, the remake was okay, but definitely not as scary to me.

    ReplyDelete