Saturday, August 6, 2011

We All Love Lucy

As everyone knows, today would have been Lucille Ball's 100th birthday!



If you can't make it to Jamestown, New York for the celebrations there, how else can you celebrate?

Turner Classic Movies is running a movie marathon and Hallmark Channel is airing an I Love Lucy marathon.

The Lucille Ball & I Love Lucy tumblr blog is posting all day, including submissions from fans (including my son)!

Thrilling Days of Yesteryear has a Lucy post up, which is part of the Loving Lucy Blogathon by True Classics!

Google has a special logo with clips!

TVTattle.com has a bunch of Lucy links to check out!

Entertainment Weekly has a round-up of classic clips!

Have any other links? Share in the comments!

Here's to a great funny lady and a classic show!


4 comments:

  1. I haven't watched I Love Lucy in decades. I used to watch the reruns when I was a little kid and laugh my ass off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been watching for the past few summers. The kids love it, as well, and I think it's WAY better than having them watch "reality" TV crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite scenes was when she stuffed her blouse full of eggs, and somehow they all got crushed. That's quality programming, right there

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember watching I Love Lucy when I was just a young kid too! It was in B&W and I used to love the way Ricky would say Lucy's name...ha! I haven't seen an episode of that show in years though. The pie on the conveyor belt is the one that I always remembered most...ha! :o)

    ReplyDelete