Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Friday the 13th, again & Who Would You Save?

So, I used my free movie pass (from the 'His Name Was Jason' documentary DVD) and saw "Friday the 13th" in theaters one more time. And I have to say I still agree with my original post - http://wings1295.blogspot.com/2009/02/friday-13th-jason-is-back.html

In fact, I liked it even more. Maybe the "anticipation" of it all was too much for the film to live up to the first time. I dunno. I liked it and had fun watching it.

The end still annoyed me. WHY would they do that??? Oh well.

Good Jason flick, glad I saw it on the big screen one last time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The great Final Girl posted a list of what she calls "the sads", which are horror movie characters you felt sad for when they died or that you wish you could have saved. Here are the ones I pick (that I can think of right now):

Brenda (Laurie Bartram), Friday the 13th [1980] - She was a sweetie.

Alice (Adrienne King), Friday the 13th Part 2 - She could have been Jason's 'Laurie Strode'.

Rob (Erich Anderson), Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter - Alas, brave Rob came before the 'final girls' could keep their dudes alive, too.

Cort (Tom Fridley), Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI - So freaking funny, one of my all-time favorites.

Miss Van Deusen (Barbara Bingham), Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan - She was so nice and deserved SO much better.

Janessa (Melyssa Ade), Jason X - Janessa was a hoot!

Rachel (Ellie Cornell), Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers - Such a waste. She was a great character, and Cornell was (still is) so damn cute.

Jamie Lloyd (previously Danielle Harris, here J.C. Brandy), Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers - Another "what the hell?" move.

Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis), Halloween: Resurrection - HUGE MISTAKE.

Darry Jenner (Justin Long), Jeepers Creepers Poor Darry.

Sean Brody (Mitchell Anderson), Jaws: The Revenge - Would have saved us ALL the rest of the movie.

I am sure there are tons more, but this list got big fast. And my brain seems stuck in the 80s slasher flicks tonight.

Anyway --- who would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment