Tuesday, May 11, 2010

About Blogging...

Restart

As anyone who visits here may have noticed, there hasn't been anything posted since May 1st, and even that was just an embedded video.

I have been having trouble feeling creative, whether it is just in blogging here or writing in general.

Writing itself is a whole issue, but, in regards to the blog at least, I think I was making this place too ... specific, I guess.

I started this blog back in October of 2008. Here is part of the very first post here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


(writing about previous blogs)


I wrote a few random things, nothing major, nothing regular. I always thought "why bother" and "what could I post that anyone would want to read?" But, reading a post today from a friend who hit her six-year blog-anniversary, I was shown a reason why I should blog: For myself.

She made a point of saying that she writes to get the stuff out of her head, and that resonated with me. So, I will post what I want, when I want and how I want. I won't ask anyone to read it or comment on it or care about it.

I will at least be getting some flotsam and jetsam out of my head. Maybe I can help my writing, find some ideas for stories, articles - whatever. But it will all be just for me.

Feel free to read, or not. Feel free to share, or not. Enjoy it, or not.

I am going to!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I obviously drifted away from that, a bit. I became sort of fixated on only posting things I was sure that would be of interest to others, especially things relating to horror films. I never intended for this to be a "horror movie only" site. Nor of any one particular subject, at all.


This was supposed to be randomness. Flotsam and jetsam. As it says above: "What I read, write, watch, listen to or do between hot cups of the good stuff." 


Hopefully, I can get back on track and post the weird and wonderful.
Hopefully, I will enjoy it once again.
In turn, I hope you will enjoy visiting here.

13 comments:

  1. I can relate....
    Once you get stuck in a certain mode, it's hard to break away from it and post something that you think your readers might not care about.

    Plus, time is always a big issue when it comes to blogging. There's never enough friggin' TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am content to ride this lull out with you my friend until you get your 'groove' back. I have the opposite problem. I have too much to say and write about. I probably haven't missed a day in 2 years and that is sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone goes through a 'stale' period. I certainly am. It'll be good to see you back and posting a variety of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always creative, dude! Ever read the comments you leave (well, the "real" comments... hehehe)? Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes its best to go back to the beginning...hope you find that muse and have fun again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean, sometimes I have to take a step back and think about staying on track and sticking to what I intended. For me a few days off or a week of does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Post what you like, not what you think we'll like. That's always been my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going through a funk myself. I'm glad it's not just me. We'll break through it soon I'm sure. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting on track in this case means getting off track and getting some sweet ass randomness, post anything you like Wings you know we will eat it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting. I've been experiencing similar feelings about my own blog recently. I'd like to provide some sage advice at this point, but I have no idea how to overcome it. Perhaps a break would help, or a new project . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you....wish I had the words of wisdom for you.

    Looking forward to what every you have to share with us. That is my favorite part about reading other peoples blogs....is them sharing how they see the world.

    To the future!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Wings,
    I hear you loud and clear...I'am going through something quite similiar...Now, here goes the "Micheal Myer,and Jason" scary" moment...I'am not even a writer and have writers, for my blog(s).

    Wings said, "Hopefully, I can get back on track and post the weird and wonderful."

    I'am quite sure that you will get back on track...Wings, you may not be aware of this...but, you inspired me to take a look at horror (Even though my "look see" is at "classic" horror films and also Tumblr.
    Thanks,)

    "Hopefully, I will enjoy it once again."
    Here wishing and hoping that you do too!

    "In turn, I hope you will enjoy visiting here."
    Most definitely, Take care!
    DeeDee ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you should re-post that story from when the kids were little and K had the truck in her hair...that just makes me laugh each and every time!

    ReplyDelete