Monday, October 14, 2013

Modernized Trailers for Horror Films

Thanks to the Arrow in the Head site,
I was checking out a modernized trailer for Friday the 13th Part 3,
and began looking for similar videos.
Sharing some below.

Psycho

Jaws

Halloween

Halloween II

Nightmare on Elm Street

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th Part 2

Friday the 13th Part 3D

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

Interesting, to me, to see the trailers interpreted in this way.
I think the Psycho and Friday Part 3 are the best.

What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I have a problem with the Psycho one - it shows too many plot twists (mother in cellar). This trailer would never have happened because Hitch was fanatical about keeping plot points hidden. He even bought up all copies of the original novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that would never have worked then. Might also say something about modern trailers themselves, and how they all give away too much. How many times do you hear someone say they already saw all the good parts in the trailer, you know?

      Delete
    2. The Psycho trailer was my favorite. It's true it gave away to much, but that's what "modern" trailers do. I'm not saying that's a good thing, just the way things are these days. I think it really got the feel of modern movie trailer right.

      I also dug the Sonic Youth soundtrack on the Halloween trailer (not so much the actual trailer itself), it made me dig out the "If I We're a Carpenter" album and give it a spin.

      Delete
  2. They did an amazing job with Jaws. If they played that trailer today people would flock to the theaters to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Some of these were just very well done.

      Delete